Chinese Speaking Medical Office Assistant Needed Immediately
Job Posting: Medical Office Assistant
Term: Full time
Shifts are morning, afternoon, or evening, weekday and Saturday.
Location: Sheppard Ave West and Bathurst, Toronto
Start Date: As soon as possible
Requirement: Must be fluent in English, Mandarin, and preferably Cantonese
Provide an excellent client service experience while providing reception, secretarial, administrative, and assistance to physicians, staff, and patients in a caring, tactful, confidential, efficient and supportive manner for a startup multi-disciplinary health service company and medical office.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and register patients seeking medication attention in person, telephone, or online, including booking and retrieving patient charts according to established policies and procedures.
- Measure and record vitals.
- Interact with patients in person, telephone, or online when communicating information regarding clinic, organization, programs and products.
- Convey messages accurately and appropriately from medical professionals, staff and patients.
- Prepare and type correspondence from dictation, drafts, and originate correspondence on designated subjects including follow-ups.
- Prepare billings, invoices, receive and process payments for OHIP, WSIB, private and other third parties as required and according to established policies and procedures.
- Reconcile accounts payable/receivables, and produce summaries, day sheets, and financial statements on a regular and timely basis.
- Process incoming and outgoing media (such as reports, labs/investigations, letters, prescription renewals) from fax, mail, or online methods.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on the clinic/organization’s record systems (including but not limited to the electronic medical record, databases etc.)
- Follow-up on tasks such as consultation requests, information or materials acquisition, requesting medical records, and tracking down missing or pending items.
- Scan, process and file documents.
- Provide assistance to medical staff during clinical encounters (such as setting up rooms, translation, chaperone doctors, and provide an extra hand during minor procedures) as per established Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Communicate with difficult patients and family with a calm, personable, and reassuring manner.
- Ordering and stocking office and medical supplies.
- Regular tidying clinic rooms.
- Regular wipe down of clinic surfaces, equipment, beds, and door knobs.
- Regular cleaning and sterilization of used medical equipment and gowns.
- Regular cleaning of clinic floors, countertops, and washrooms.
- Post information and updates on social media and websites regarding the clinic and health according to established Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Abide by the clinic/organization Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, and Code of Conduct.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Be willing and able to be trained, to expand scope of work to roles such as client service, education, healthcare navigation, and sales, and to train others.
Education and Qualifications
- Eligible to legally work in Ontario.
- High school graduate; with post-secondary education in university/college; or a diploma in medical office assistant.
- Understand and appropriate use medical terminology.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin is MANDATORY
- Proficient in Cantonese an asset
- Previous experience in a medical practice environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills (desktop, and mobile devices; Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Apps, typing, scanning, email, chat, web interfaces, mobile apps, mail merge)
- Typing skill: Minimum 40 words per minute, 200 character per minute.
- Previous experience with Oscar EMR is an asset.
- Desktop publishing skills are an asset.
- Past experience in customer service/sales representative field is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic/computer privacy and security issues.
- Knowledge of OHIP, WSIB, IFH, chiropractic and other third party billings.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate the healthcare system work for patients seeking care in a primary care setting.
- Ability to multi-task, be organized, be meticulous, and be able to work in a fast paced environment with precision, efficiency and speed.
We will receive applications and contact you further for an interview if you meet preliminary requirements. No personal inquiries please.