Chinese Speaking Medical Office Assistant/Sales Representative Needed Immediately
Job Posting: Medical Office Assistant and Sales Representative
Term: Part - Full Time
Shifts are morning, afternoon, or evening, weekday and Saturday.
Location: Sheppard Ave West and Bathurst, Toronto
Start Date: January 2019
Requirement: Must be fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese an asset
- Promote and sell various health services and products to other institutions and clients in a confident and reassuring manner.
- Provide an excellent client service experience while offering reception, secretarial, administrative, and assistance to physicians, staff, and patients in a caring, tactful, confidential, efficient and supportive manner for a medical office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit potential referring clinics and organizations for promotion, education and marketing purposes.
- Understand all health services and products the clinic offers. Be able to knowledgeably present, educate, market, and promote products and services to clients.
- Greet and register clients seeking medical attention in person, telephone, or online, including booking and retrieving patient charts according to established policies and procedures.
- Perform various medical office administrative tasks such as faxing, scanning, ordering, stocking and filing.
- Prepare billings, invoices, receive and process payments for OHIP, WSIB, private and other third parties as required and according to established policies and procedures.
- Reconcile accounts payable/receivables, and produce summaries, day sheets, and financial statements on a regular and timely basis.
- Assist in minor procedures.
- Keep the clinic clean and tidy.
Education and Qualifications
- Eligible to legally work in Ontario.
- High school graduate; with post-secondary education in university/college in life science or health related field or marketing preferred; or a diploma in medical office assistant.
- Understand and appropriate use medical terminology.
- Strong proficiency in English and Mandarin required. Cantonese an asset.
- Strong communication, promotion, education, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in a medical practice environment is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate the healthcare system for clients seeking care in a primary care setting.
- Ability to multitask, be organized, be meticulous, and be able to work in a fast paced environment with precision, efficiency and speed.
- Proficiency in computer skills (desktop, and mobile devices; Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Apps, typing, scanning, email, chat, web interfaces, mobile apps, mail merge)
- Typing skill: Minimum 40 words per minute, 200 character per minute.
- Previous experience with Oscar EMR is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic/computer privacy and security issues.
- Knowledge of OHIP, WSIB, IFH, chiropractic and other third party billings.
Please contact us with a cover letter, resume, and references and email to “jobs(at)springhealth.org”, addressed to Office Manager.
We will receive applications and contact you further for an interview if you meet preliminary requirements.
No personal inquiries please.